Commerce City "Rules of the Streets"
The Covenant Enforcement Committee (CEC) has heard many questions about street parking and traffic problems. School is about to start so we are about to have a lot more cars and kids on the roads. You will likely know most of these, but lets work to keep these streets safe and friendly.
Here are a few things to be aware of:
- It is against Commerce City laws to park in front of a house that you do not own for longer than 5 hours.
- Parking is often contentious in our neighborhood. Most of these rules exist for safety reasons. Here are a few places where it is against Commerce City laws to park:
- Within 5 feet of a driveway
- Within 15 feet of a fire hydrant
- Within 20 feet of a crosswalk or intersection
- Within 30 feet in front of a stop sign
- The speed limit is 25 miles per hour through the entire community. During school hours the fine for exceeding the speed limit doubles.
- Commercial vehicles are not allowed on our streets. Our streets are incredibly narrow, so big rigs are likely to get stuck.
If you want to see the details of these laws, you can read them on c3gov.com here: http://www.c3gov.com/home/showdocument?id=816
Above all, be safe and respectful out there.